Honoring Opportunities for Partnerships & Equity (HOPE) Program
Are you an HBA Corporate Partner interested in participating in the 2024 HBA HOPE Program? Become a sponsor or enroll a scholar now! Deadline: 19 January
"I have been promoted to Operations Manager, Rare Disease! I'm super excited for this next phase of my career and fully understand that this would not have been possible without the HBA Hope Program and all the lessons and support that I received to help me believe that I can, I am and I will!"
-Aisha Saylor, Genentech
HOPE Program: Empowering Diverse Leadership
The HOPE (Harnessing Opportunities for Partnership and Equity) Program is an intensive one-year leadership initiative targeting mid- to senior-level talent from underrepresented groups, including LGBTQ+, women of color, and women with ability diversity. In collaboration with HBA Corporate Partners and their high potential employees, this program is designed to achieve the following for participants:
- Cultivate Career Advancement: Empower participants to explore pathways for advancing their careers within their respective companies.
- Navigating Workplace Culture: Provide strategies and tools to navigate complex workplace cultures effectively.
- Leveraging Unique Strengths: Enable individuals to harness their unique strengths, thereby increasing their visibility and value within their organizations.
At its core, HOPE is firmly grounded in the HBA Leadership Capabilities framework, which guides professional development activities across the domains of enlightenment, empowerment, engagement, and evolution. Join us in shaping a more diverse, empowered, and inclusive future of leadership.
What makes HBA's HOPE Program unique?
Watch the video below to hear what past HOPE Scholars and Mentors have to say about their experiences:
Corporate Partner Benefits
- Advance DE&I Objectives: Propel your organization's diversity, equity, and inclusion goals forward.
- Identify Future Leaders: Identify and nurture high-potential talents for future leadership roles within your company.
- Executive-Level Diversity: Champion the advancement of women from underrepresented backgrounds into executive positions.
- Enhanced Visibility: Boost your company's profile within the healthcare industry as an inclusive employer.
- Boost Retention: Acknowledge employees' contributions, fostering a sense of belonging while improving retention rates.
- Enhanced Executive Presence: Develop a stronger executive presence, elevating your leadership skills.
- Valuable Insights: Gain insights from personality and leadership self-assessment tools.
- Mentorship: Access an executive-level mentor renowned in both the HBA and the healthcare industry.
- Expert Coaching: Partner with a coach who has extensive training and experience engaging with and addressing the unique concerns of professionals from underrepresented backgrounds
- Lunch-and-Learn Programs: Engage in quarterly lunch-and-learn leadership sessions.
- Conference Access: Receive one complimentary registration for the HBA Annual Conference.
- Educational Programs: Access one additional complimentary registration for a virtual educational program of your choice.
- Networking Opportunities: Network with peers and leaders across the healthcare industry
- Local & Regional Engagement: Participate in local and regional programs.
- Leadership Opportunities: Explore volunteer leadership roles within the HBA.
- Digital Badge: Earn a digital badge upon program completion.