HBA Rising Stars are professionals in the early to mid-stage of their career. They represent various sectors of the healthcare industry and are designated by HBA's corporate partner organizations. Each eligible corporate partner organization designates one or two* Rising Stars who meet the following criteria:
- Is a female employee of an HBA corporate partner company
- Is in the first 15 to 20 years of her professional career
- Contributes significantly to her organization, preferably in numerous areas
- Exemplifies leadership and is a role model for others
- Assists those in subordinate or peer positions and is a team player
- Exhibits dedication to the healthcare industry
- Is a true example of top talent that your organization wants to formally recognize
* Standard 2022 purple level partnerships receive three and standard 2022 gold level partners include two designees – may be either a Rising Star and/or a Luminary.
Rising Stars are honored as leaders in the healthcare industry along with other award recipients at the annual Women of the Year (WOTY) event that attracts over 2,000 industry women and men.
Rising Stars receive significant recognition including:
- A complimentary HBA membership
- Personal recognition from the podium
- Inclusion in all promotional materials for the event
- Being highlighted on the HBA website
- Invitations to participate in key HBA chapter and corporate volunteer committees – gaining access to thought leaders, great visibility within the industry and experiential leadership opportunities