Advancement. Commitment. Engagement.
Submissions for the 2023 HBA ACE Awards have now closed.
Winners to be announced in Fall 2023.
Whether your program is wide in scope like an internal women’s network or more specific like a reducing the gender pay gap plan, we encourage you to submit for a chance to bring well-deserved recognition to your team’s effort and impact. What’s important is whether your program is effective. All industry sectors and company sizes are considered. Here’s a look at some of our recent ACE Award winning initiatives:
- Pfizer UK’s Closing the Gender Pay Gap initiative pledged to become as diverse as the patients and communities it serves, addressing the issues that stand in the way of their purpose, leading them to a DEI score of 100 percent.
- BD established a by-associates-for-associates strategy for objective-based mentoring programs leveraging the tool to support associates from diverse backgrounds to find the support needed to propel their success.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance set performance goals to increase women and people of color representation in leadership and pivoted from a US-focused to global country-specific Communities of Practice intentionally focusing on intersections of identity.
- GSK's Women’s Leadership Initiative included 7,000 women in 65 countries resulting in promotions to management grade roles of 67 percent of participants in their initial cohort of the first field leadership development initiative for women of color.
- Delix Therapeutics’ Culture from the Start initiative embodies pushing the boundaries of representation in the workplace. Only two years in, there is equal gender representation on the company’s executive team and more than two-thirds of 2022 hires identified as women.
HBA’s Advancement. Commitment. Engagement (ACE) Awards recognize company initiatives that help foster and sustain equitable practices and leadership opportunities for women. The HBA is looking for initiatives that support ALL women by:
- Accelerating innovation
- Driving measurable business outcomes
- Increasing in reach, scale, and exposure
An independent panel of healthcare industry leaders selects winning programs for their demonstrated efficacy in advancing female talent. Award criteria include:
- Measurable results
- Business performance
Winning programs are showcased each year at the HBA’s Annual Conference, and throughout the year via multiple opportunities for visibility, from media ads and social media to a special LinkedIn Live and speaking engagements.
- An independent panel of healthcare industry leaders selects ACE Award recipients.
- Award criteria include measurable results, business performance, stewardship, execution, and sustainability.
- For an additional fee, companies may opt to hold a consultative debrief with a member of the judging panel after judging is completed.
ACE Award winning initiatives are celebrated and honored at HBA’s signature Annual Conference in front of an audience of nearly 1,000 industry leaders. Winners also receive:
- Recognition as thought-leaders before HBA’s global community of 75,000+
- Prominent visibility in trade and mainstream media
- Distinction as an organization committed to fostering leadership opportunities for women