The HBA HUB is here to help you be – and showcase – a better you. Access bite-sized content for bettering your brain, your being and your brand. New content will be offered each day of the conference.
Build life-changing habits and boost your productivity
How do we train the brain to work like we do? Or is it the other way around? These bites will focus on all things productivity, time management, creativity and new ways to help you create more value in what you do and how you think.
- Best Online Purchases for Your #WFH Life
Furnishing your home office? Simply looking for enhancements to your day-to-day life while working from home? Let's take a look at interesting products you can find online to boost your productivity.
- Five Productivity Apps You Can’t Live Without
Learn about Apps and productivity tips to help you and your team automate actions so you get more time to handle your day-to-day, especially with the need to juggle both home and work. Your goal for this session: take away at least three apps/tips to implement and test out.
- Seven New Habits to Effective Team Collaboration
Right now, more than ever, it’s essential for teams to master collaboration and create habits that make them a lean, efficient project management machine! Join this discussion for cool collaboration tools and platforms, and creating key habits for team collaboration, especially when working remotely.
Improve your overall wellness: Caring for your mental and physical health
This is the time to take care of all of you – from the inside out. Our focus is to help you take care of yourself, your loved ones and to learn new habits that can create a better you. Our speakers will share tips on well-being, avoiding burnout, improving your happiness and self-love.
- Five Quick Stretches When Working From Home
We often do not have the same ergonomic equipment at home as we do at work. From poor posture to staying in the same position for extended periods, working from home (or just at a desk) can wreak havoc on your well-being. It is important to become aware first of how you sit and how you breathe. Join us to master some exercises to stretch the shoulders, neck, arms and other parts of the body.
- Relaxation Techniques: Simple Steps to Unwind
It's impossible to avoid stress in our daily lives but it's definitely possible to manage your response to it. This activity will focus on relaxation techniques that you can use in your day-to-day life to calm yourself in the midst of stressful situations. From meditation to quick chair exercises, we'll walk you through how to get started and then we want you to pick at least two to stick with.
- Working from Home Wellness Strategies
As you navigate this new world, working from home has become one of the most difficult challenges that we’re faced with. Whether you’re operating solo or homeschooling a handful of kids, we have expert wellness advice to help you stay motivated, feel energized and healthy in order to accomplish your goals one day at a time.
Realize Your Leadership Potential: How to Fit Health and Wellness into Your Busy Schedule
Presenter: Heather Moreno, MA, CPA, owner, coach, Heather Moreno Wellness Services
Wellness is the foundation of a successful leader. People who don’t make it a priority will never fully realize their leadership potential. Ask and you’ll find professionals regularly work through lunch, skip workouts, skimp on sleep and carve into family time for the sake of work. They push hard to meet deadlines and objectives, leaving little time to make themselves a priority. But to achieve their professional goals, their well-being is non-negotiable. Research shows a positive correlation between healthy habits and productivity and also reveals an inverse correlation between productivity and hours worked when the workweek tops 50 hours.
- Overcome the biggest problem encountered when attempting to change behavior by identifying the main challenge that prevents them from taking action and know how to override it.
- Easily integrate daily healthy habits to achieve their goals and create greater work-life balance, gaining a new perspective on building habits, setting boundaries, and making their health a priority.
- Avoid the most common health mistake smart people make and how to avoid it by implementing a small-steps, focused approach.
How to Prevent Workplace Burnout
Presenter: Carlee Myers, stress management coach, DAIS, CEO, The Stress Less Company
As a healthcare worker about to enter a post-pandemic world, you may have been pushed to your limit. Day after day, many of us have been asked to do what most people can’t. Although you may find your career incredibly rewarding, it can be difficult to watch countless people suffer and cope with the worry that your work is putting yourself and your loved ones at risk. You may have found yourself exhausted, overworked, and burnt out. In this presentation, I will help you determine why you may be straining under the weight of your work and how you can remedy stress and burnout to find a sense of peace and healing even with a stressful job.
- After participating in this session, the learner will be able to discover exactly how their workload is impacting their stress levels.
- After participating in this session, the learner will be able to define the key differences between qualitative and quantitative overload leading to burnout at work.
- After participating in this session, the learner will be able to uncover what actions they need to take to remedy quantitative and qualitative work overload.
Using Self-Care to Become Your Best Version at Home and In the Workplace
Presenter: Maria Leonard Olsen, attorney, author, radio talk show host, mentor and coach
When you care for yourself, you can approach your work with more centeredness and confidence. Recharge and tap into your strongest, most powerful and effective self. Participants will learn how to shed what no longer serves them and to protect their well-being. Attorney, recovery mentor, radio show host and author of 50 After 50: Reframing the Next Chapter of Your Life, Maria Olsen will share her experience overcoming alcoholism, trauma, addiction to busy-ness and the pain of her divorce by using spiritual, mental, physical, social and emotional self-care strategies. Participants will engage in group exercises to enhance well-being and thereby increase productiveness and effectiveness. Barriers to self-care will be explored. Strategies include:
- de-stressing tactics for busy people
- breaking the cycle of negative self-talk
- reframing techniques
- cultivating contentment
- emotional regulation skills
- healthy social relationships
- intentionality about how you spend your time
- building connection
- responding instead of reacting, for sound decision-making
- injecting purpose and joy back into one’s life
- After participating in this session, the learner will be able to identify and incorporate physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual self-care strategies that will allow her to operate at her most effective level.
- After participating in this session, the learner will be able to identify and overcome barriers to self-care.
- After participating in this session, the learner will be able to manage stress both inside the workplace and at home.
Career ReCharge: Yes, You Can Beat Burnout
Presenter: Beth B. Kennedy, MS, LMFT, leadership coach, author and speaker, Benatti Training & Development
Revitalize your career, manage transition, enhance productivity and beat burnout by boosting your resilience. Many professionals are passionate about their careers, but often on the verge of burning out. In this workshop, I focus on the five strategies of my Benatti Resiliency Model™—well-being, self-awareness, brand, connection and innovation—and show you how to implement them to achieve career satisfaction. These strategies help you rediscover your purpose, boost your influence and impact and add value to your organization.
- Understand how resilience ‘vaccinates’ you against burnout in your career.
- Embrace specific resiliency strategies to enhance personal brand, connection and innovation.
- Boost career resilience by using the Career ReCharge Friday 5 strategy.
Focus on your brand to showcase your best self
Your brand is everything: it’s your voice, your actions, your credibility, how people perceive you and what you stand for. It’s not meant to be on the bottom of your to-do list. Glean from the advice shared in these sessions on how to be your own megaphone.
- Building Your Brand: What is Your Value Proposition
Whether you are seeking a new job or selling a product or service, what defines you above the rest? In order to help you stand out from the crowd, we will work to help you develop a plan to define your value proposition. We will take a look at barriers to client adoption and work on changing the focus of your messaging to “what problem are we solving.”
- Seven Engagement Tips to Use on LinkedIn™
LinkedIn™ is a must for all professionals. Walk away from this session with seven engagement tips to build a high-quality network, design an optimized LinkedIn profile that attracts your right audience and design a compelling brand story that reflects the highlights and value of your professional journey.
- Tips on Becoming a Better Virtual Speaker/Presenter
We’ve all had to transition from in-person meetings, events, and presentations to virtual ones in the past few months. It’s not a one-to-one conversion. From setting up your camera to adjusting the structure of the content you’re delivering, we’re sharing tips for you to keep your audience engaged in the virtual space.