Interested in creating an impactful internal women’s initiative within your organization? We have you covered.
The 2020 ACE Awards show took place at the HBA Annual Conference on 19 November. Attendees had access to a first-ever opportunity to join in discussions with representatives from the four winning companies: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), GSK, Surgical Care Affiliates, and Walgreens Boots Alliance. Attendees had the opportunity to:
- Learn how Surgical Care Affiliates launched a program in 2017 across 230 surgical care facilities resulting in 700 female promotions including CEO, COO and CFO roles and firsthand modeled female empowerment with an all-female medical mission trip to Honduras.
- Hear how BD established a by-associates-for-associates strategy for objective-based mentoring programs leveraging the tool to support associates from diverse backgrounds to find the support needed to propel their success.
- Understand how Walgreens Boots Alliance set performance goals to increase women and people of color representation in leadership and pivoted from a US-focused to global country-specific Communities of Practice intentionally focusing on intersections of identity.
- Discover GSK's Women’s Leadership Initiative with nearly 7,000 women in 65 countries resulting in promotions to management grade roles of 67 percent of participants in their initial cohort of the first Field Leadership Development Initiative for Women of Color.
- Laurie Cooke, president and CEO, HBA
- Tom Polen, president and CEO, BD
- Kaitlin Carr Heath, associate director, market access and payment policy, BD
- Lucy Turland, associate director US marketing - point of care (POC), BD
- Sheri Mullen, SVP, US specialty pharmaceuticals and WLI executive sponsor, GSK
- Magdalene Pedersen, field VP US pharma, and global WLI lead, GSK
- Caitlin Zulla, CEO, Surgical Care Affiliates
- Rikki Sobel, group VP, specialty practices, Surgical Care Affiliates
- Megan Brandt, senior director, pharmacy and retail operations, Women of WBA - US, chair, Walgreens Boots Alliance
- Emily House, senior director, pharma account solutions, Women of WBA - US vice chair, Walgreens Boots Alliance
- Anika Madarasz, transformation office planning and governance, Women of WBA - US, development pillar lead, Walgreens Boots Alliance
- Alma Martinez, sr. project specialist, marketing technology and performance analytics, Women of WBA - US, community pillar lead, Walgreens Boots Alliance
- Jenn Maresca, VP strategic logistics portfolio, Women of WBA - US, global pillar lead, Walgreens Boots Alliance
- Kathleen Wilson Thompson, EVP and global chief human resource officer, Walgreens Boots Alliance